Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sports!

edited August 2015 in General
Does Pittsburgh even need secondary scoring with Kessel coming? Him and Crosby are going to score like a billion goals.

they still probably won't win in the playoffs, but that's gonna be the funnest thing in the NHL next year.

Comments

• It's weird. You can't say that getting Kessel was a bad move but you feel like it just makes them way top heavy.

Whatever, don't care. Justin Williams.
  • I don't know that Pittsburgh is even a good team at this point, but I know I'll watch them every time they're on national TV.
  • I like Williams in Washington a lot. I think they're ready to take the next step if they can replace Green's production.
  • I don't know about replacing Green, but Orlov and Schmidt are totally NHL defenceman so I think they'll be okay.

That Williams signing was probably one of, if the the best of yesterday. I also really like Green in Detroit, he's way better than everybody gives him credit for.
  • Weirdest thing about yesterday is that there were no really stupid contracts given out.
  • I would say Beleskey was a pretty stupid contract based on an unsustainable shooting percentage. That's a lot of money for a 3rd line player.
  • It maybe wasn't great but I wouldn't call it terrible. He's not a bad player at all, many thought he'd get more than he did.
  • I'd call it terrible when considering the Bruins as a whole. They keep giving money to the wrong guys.
  • edited July 2015
    !!!!

• that's not a lot for Oshie at all.
  • Brouwer isn't very good, Caps have good goaltending depth and a third round pick. I love it.
  • I'm still waiting for Tim Murray to bring me a lefty defenseman who can play in the top 4. It's such an egregious hole right now that they absolutely can't go into the season without filling it.
  • like I'm sorry but Josh Gorges is not a top 4 defenseman. I was fine with trading Zadorov but they need to replace him asap.
  • this idea that Ryan O'Reilly's deal is some kind of Clarkson or Leino overpayment is insane to me.

He's probably getting like $1m more than he should but 7 years is a long time and the cap will rise after expansion.
  • Can't remember who, but I saw somebody tweet today that they'd rather overpay a 6.5 million dollar player by a million than overpay a 3 million dollar player by a million. Totally true,
  • The only argument for not spending all this money on O'Reilly is that Zemgus Girgensons likely projects to be the same player but is 3 years younger.

even that is kind of a straw-man's argument, because why wouldn't you want 2 of them?

• edited July 2015
    apparently Buffalo is expecting 15k+ for tomorrow's prospect scrimmage.

That's like 3 times what Connor McBust had at his on Monday.
  • This seems gross. Who wants to fuck a football player?!?!?

photo E1F18513-4502-496A-9C2A-3224F23DA65B.png
  • edited July 2015
    McDavid only on NBC/NBCSN once is the kind of inexcusable fuckup that should get half of the scheduling department fired.
  • edited August 2015
  • No australian's care about cricket here do they?!
  • Isn't a typical game of cricket like 73 hours long?
  • A lot longer if we're talking test matches
  • I've always been intrigued by Cricket because it's super popular in some countries and in North America we're fucking baffled by it. The best I can do to try to describe what it is in my mind is baseball with 2 bases and weird flat bats.
  • also it's like bowling kinda? fuck dude Cricket is weird.
  • @Kyle so the other team is the Rams you think?
  • Either them or the Raiders.
  • Let's hope for the Rams rather than the Raiders