Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where are your entertainment blind spots?

Let's talk about stuff you've always meant to consume but haven't. Here's some stuff off the top of my head.

Video Games:
Metal Gear Solid 1-4
Demon/Dark Souls
Uncharted 1-3
A Link to the Past
Chrono Trigger

Music:
Sloan
The Tragically Hip
Nine Inch Nails
Swans

TV:
Seinfeld
Degrassi

Comments

• Music:
    Weezer
    pixies
    bss
    hussalonia

wait this isnt the musical fuckboys thread? dang
  • edited September 2015
    words hurt.
  • Music:

Louis Armstrong
    Ornette Coleman
    A Tribe Called Quest
    Wu Tang
  • and Art Blakey
  • im physically incapable of being "into" sports
  • I love the drama of sports more than anything else about it. That drama is kind of lost on people who find if meaningless, though.
  • i feel like im always late to react to things because the significance of what just happened is never immediately apparent to me. this is true in sports but also generally i guess
  • for the most part sports is my main blind spot, i tried to pretend to be into it a couple years ago but it didn't last long. i like to attribute it to my "rebellious" nature as a kid considering my entire family is crazy about it but in reality it just never became an interest of mine or my brother

also The Unicorns
  • you could solve that in like 41 minutes bro.
  • hmm, about as long as Jane Doe...
  • I've pre decided I don't like it
  • jane doe is good but u must listen to chopin's preludes before anything else
  • op 28 that is
  • also black ciliche u bm vultures
  • edited September 2015
    wait im supposed to acknowledge there's thing i havnt listened to in this thread
  • thats hard because i dont know what i havnt listened to via the vagueness of self improvement
  • edited September 2015
    @kile i really like that u havnt played the other metal gear solids and have acknowledged that. i just question whether that's an identity thing or something u strive to correct
  • TTKTTK
    edited September 2015
    this is mostly stuff i haven;t experienced but probably should

- a lot of classical music
    - a lot of 80's stuff
    - way too many well received films to count, particularly foreign and classic stuff. But there are also a lot of modern "classics" which I haven't seen, such as Children of Men, The Social Network, Boyhood, Blade Runner, Magnolia, Old Boy, etc etc etc.
    - Far too many TV shows. Mostly classic sitcoms and modern dramadies or whatever. I haven't seen Breaking Bad, that's what I'm trying to say.
    Hell, I'm still at the second episode of Arrested Development, have not watched that since I posted about watching the first ep about a month ago.

also I haven't seen any of the Star Wars films, the LOTR/Hobbit films, or a lot of the comic book super hero films, and I don't really want to.
    I'm unfairly judging, yes, but I also don't feel these are for me. Maybe I'll watch them with a group of people, but I'm not gonna go out of my way.
  • @Evan I took the time to experience the story but yeah I haven't played a second of an MGS game before MGSV.
  • Basically 90% of pre-1995 media. I'm better with music, but I've seen woefully few classic movies and tv shows. wouldn't even know where to begin. I just find it hard to relate to and thus get frustrated by things that feel dated
  • This is especially true with comedy. Laugh tracks piss me off and humor has changed so much even in the past decade that I struggle to enjoy sitcoms pre-90s
  • Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles.
  • main music omissions that i can think of off the top of my head: classical, a lot of metal, Prince, David Bowie
  • Final Fantasy, the series.
  • I have only ever seen two full episodes of The Simpsons and one of them was because kyle was streaming it
  • I miss doing those streams but people stopped coming and my PC took a turn for the worse.
  • smart phones, i'm still yet to own one. i'm the constant butt of my friend's jokes. and i'm still on pay as you go.
  • edited November 2015
    I don't have one either. maybe I will have one when I find a reason to use one. I can understand why some people might find it very useful, but some people act like you have to have one which I find weird
  • @secondplanet I fucking LOVE Art Blakey!  Hard bebop! bebop! yay!  Check out Ugetsu! Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers.

Check out the recorded live version. It's tragically sweet. Art Blakey is introducing the song, he says something like "our next piece is called Ugetsu which is Japanese for "Fantasy".  But that's a misunderstanding. "Ugetsu" actually means "fancy" It's sweet. If only they had Google Translate in the late 50s. Still, it's fucking hot! and the misnomer ..idk... has added a bit more for me.