Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Travelling HARD

Comments

• I'm hitting Lisbon for a few days next week, anyone been? Any recommendations?
  • track down Panda Bear and get a leak for Painting With.

collect that sweet what bounty.
  • Been in Buenos Aires for a week now. Just started working on a farm yesterday. Damn son the girls are the most beautiful in Argentina!x
  • sounds wonderful.
  • word man. i'm want to figure out how to live that life
  • Do it man... so many volunteer projects going on in SA and so many great people to help.
  • That sounds rad benneh
  • edited May 2016
    I'm in rio people! Anyone been here got any tips?! Got a week here before I return home to reality :((
  • some things I've learned while in Italy

- if you tell people you're from California, they'll either play Hotel California, ask you if you've been to the set of The OC, or talk about Pamela Anderson
    - instead of toilets Italians have holes in the ground that you squat over and you place your feet on designated areas that keep you from skidding
    - everyone smokes
    - you will not find elevators often even though their buildings are like 5-6 stories tall
    - they hate Americans
  • When I was in Italy, there were plenty of toilets.
  • When I read the title, I assumed this was a thread about walking around with an erection.
  • When I was in Italy they also hated Americans
  • I didn't realize this fully until I went to Germany where they fucking love Americans
  • Lol so funnt
  • edited June 2016
    It's not really "traveling" since I'm taking public transit there, but I'm going to the Ripley's Museum in Niagara Falls, Ontario next month with my sister. Seems like a dumb and fun way to spend a day.
  • this is late but i wanna clarify i was in the small cities and countryside during my stay; maybe if i was the touristy areas my observations would have been different
  • I was at the towns of Cinque Terre, so yeah, prob more tourists there.
  • edited September 2016
    I road a Greyhound from NYC to Atlanta. It wasn't the greatest travel experience of my life, and at one point we got stuck in the snow for 45 minutes but I got there in one piece for cheap
  • oh man, fuck greyhounds. i once took one from boston to DC and it was plagued by delays, ended up being crammed and uncomfortable for like 13 hours
  • I've got 50+ hour buses before. 13 hours sounds like a dream lol!
  • that's true. that's a very long time. where were you going @benneh? was it round trip?
  • edited September 2016
    @demikat, It was from buenos aires to far north argentina, a place called tilcara. It took so long due to the bus breaking down. I got quite a few 30+ hour trips in the south which felt a piece of cake in comparison.

The buses are pretty accomadating in argentina though. Pretty roomy and comfortable. Food was supplied a lot of the time and sometimes they had an attendent like you would have on a plane. What are grey hound buses like?
  • i've only really taken greyhound into bus ports - from jersey to outside Chinatown in Philly (45 mins) or from Jersey to Hell's asshole (Port Authority) in NYC (2 -3 hrs).

comfy enough- if it's an older bus, but there is the urine smell and the thought "shit, will i get bedbugs from this trip?" newer - not as comfy - cleaner - but to control the possible spread of bedbugs the seats are reduced to as little cushion space needed for min comfort.

lots of people - i've fretted a few times about the bike or bag I stowed under bus. but everyone keeps to themselves and falls into their own seats as much as possible.
  • Did you visit the science museum? Or the museum of art?
  • I use to go to the science museum all the time when i was a kid. Love that place. Philly use to shut one of the roads down near the museums for family day. I wonder if they still do that
  • Did you like the exhibit?
  • Travelling super hard!

o0o0o i wanna be in this swell!!!!
  • bands I'm seeing in Japan!!

mowmow lulu gyaban

they're touring in Nov. Just have to translate this and figure out where I'm going to be and when I can see them
    https://twitter.com/MLG_band/status/924851901480366080/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://mowmowlulugyaban.com/portfolio/sns/
  • TsuShiMaMiRe