Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deaf Grapes Thread

Comments

• what's a good death grips starting point?
  • edited February 2016
    Listen to Guillotine at least twenty feet below sea level, preferably in an enclosed basement
  • edited February 2016
    @yama the albums in chronological order.
  • full moon
  • The mixing is quite amazing on that track. I really like it, love the structure too and I can't wait to hear what that ending will lead to.
  • digging this new single. lots of surprises, in typical death grips fashion. simultaneously hype and interesting, in typical death grips fashion
  • edited February 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2016
  • welcome back
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2016
  • im still gonna listen to Death Grips every now and again but their novelty has completely drained
  • edited March 2016
    For me, I think they've leaned too far into the novelity of it. Their first few records were loud and chaotic, but there was something more than weirdness for the sake of weirdness (which is why IMO The Money Store is an absolute classic). Now it kind of feels like all they're trying to do is create shock value, in much the same way Die Antwoord tried to do.
  • i mean they're thankfully finally over bailing on their live commitments in an a shallow attempt to be edgy so i have no hate for them
  • edited March 2016
    not showing up to live commitments where your loyal fans paid money and traveled to see you is not and never will be cool or punk rock. it's indicative of a band that looks down on their audience
  • oh riiiight so because the intent was to con people and screw their fans then the result is commendable right? what the fuck was this delusional "intent" supposed to be? not that it would make any single aspect of that situation anything less than shitty behavior that no one should seriously defend but I'm curious
  • I don't really care what they do but I seriously hope people have learned their lesson and don't drive and/or book hotels in cities they don't live in because they want to see Death Grips.

I can't believe we're still talking about this.
  • edited March 2016