Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deaf Grapes Thread

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @lo0p I get why you personally would still be talking about it... but I mean in the larger context of being mad about it. I was very annoyed with them at the time, but that moved to apathy a long time ago.
  • edited March 2016
    loop just explain what the stupid intent was because just telling me "how can you not see it???" means nothing to me
  • edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ultimately they've got a well deserved reputation as an act that might not show up to their commitments. It's up to their fans and the venues themselves if they want to financially support that or not I guess.

I still don't think it's okay to sell people a concert and do weird social experiments under the guise of art. They're not fucking Banksy.

Actually Flatlander might be Banksy
  • I do think art should have willing participants. There's a reason they tore those rented instruments up.
  • If I started murdering cats and hiding them in elementary schools I could call it art, but in reality I'm just an asshole who's murdering cats.
  • the point is that you can believe you're doing an artful thing and still be rightfully called an asshole.

It was a Lollapalooza after-party btw.
  • Did people specifically pay for the after party to see them?
  • I can see where you're coming from. It's probably just hard for me to divorce what my own reaction would be were I in that crowd. I think it's interesting that a band broke its artist-audience contract that deliberately but that's all I can give it
  • Lol @ ppl getting more pissed about death grips shows then US aid to saudi arabia on a reg basis
  • edited March 2016
    @Shooty yeah let's just not talk about anything because there's always more important things to talk about.

You guys. AIDS
  • edited March 2016
    @2nd i try
    @kyl yall complain a lot more about death grips than.. well.. anything lol
  • I definitely complain more about wrestling
  • edited March 2016
    @shooty this was the first time in months that I've even brought up death grips and the first time in at least a year that i've "complained" about them. this is the first time you've ever brought up US aid to Saudi Arabia and it's in service of a fallacy, so you don't give a fuck about it either lol
  • I never even listened to Jenny Death. I don't care. Legitimately.
  • if you thought Niggas on the Moon was bullshit you'd dig it.