Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hype 2016

I think we can start a 2016 hype thread. Along with new Tortoise in January, there's also this. Holy shit I hope it's as amazing as it sounds. Hype

http://m.pitchfork.com/news/61774-david-bowie-reportedly-releasing-new-album-blackstar-in-january/

Comments

• whoa that bowie record sounds really fucking cool. i can't wait to hear that single in a few weeks
  • https://soundcloud.com/bibio/petals

new Bibio with an album apparently coming early next year.

And what do you know, Bibio stops fucking about, tries to actually write a song, and it's one of the best things he's done so far.
  • that's good news. i really liked ambivalence avenue but haven't been hot on much of his material since
  • Ambivalence Avenue is his best album by a long mile.
  • And this new song reminds of it and it's really good.
  • do you think we'll see something new drop from fiona apple next year? the singy songy ladies have been killing it this year (joanna, julia, jessica etc.) which has gave me a thirst for more!
  • i certainly hope so
  • I think the new song sounds like a progression on from 2013's Silver Wilkinson, which could have been really good, but it was hampered by Bibio's love of changing styles.
    If he had made a purely folk pop/rock album, he probably would have had something really impressive I feel.
  • edited November 2015
    robbyhypelist:

Boris/Merzbow
    Vektor
    Magrudergrind
    Pusha T
    Run the Jewels
    Swans
    A$AP Ferg
  • edited November 2015
    All those plus David Bowie and Tortoise for me
  • a$ap, run the jewels, swans and david bowie
  • I'm guessing Weezer is gonna do another album. Please let it be good.
  • I'd love to see an el-p solo album more than another rtj right now
  • both would be aight
  • geo's 2016 hype, ranked:

1. anco
    2. radiohead
    3. grizzly bear
    4. james blake
    5. kanye (would be higher if i were more hyped on his recent material)
    6. swans
    7. david bowie
  • edited November 2015
    andy stott and jon hopkins are due for some new material as well, but i'll hold off on adding them until there is some actual talk of their next releases
  • oh yeah kanye

eh
  • i have faith
  • I'm looking forward to that shabazz palaces / flylo / thundercat collab record
  • @secondplanet WHAT. Officially hyped for that.
  • i mean an album isn't official from what i know but if they don't continue that collab they're insane
  • well they have a group name ("WOKE") so I think they're hinting at more stuff coming from them. the one track they put out for the adult swim singles was pretty neat
  • wasn't James Blake supposed to drop Radio Silence this year? dang jimmy u tease
  • oh hey remember that one time we thought madvillainy 2 might actually drop this year lolololol
  • oh yeah i guess i should add frank ocean. where the hell is that album
  • just listening to gogo penguin play a live set on the new bbc radio jazz channel and they said they have a new album out on blue note next year. judging by the sound of these tracks i am major hype for dis ting!
  • @benneh i was supposed to be at that gig but i couldn't make it :(
  • damn man, kamasi's on now and absolutely killing it!
  • apparently he is playing tomorrow in london aswell because he has had to cancel his show in paris...
  • I didn't actually know it was being recorded, at least that means I can listen back to it which makes up for missing it a little bit!