Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video Games!

Comments

• RPGs are different to me and super long games are okay. I appreciate a good 8-12 hour game like anybody else though. A game this year that needed to stay in it's lane more is Arkham Knight... the side stuff there just felt like padding.
  • Fallout has the best side quests in all of video games. It's to the point that you're actually doing yourself a disservice if you play those games in any other way than aimlessly wandering in a direction and seeing what you find.
  • there need to be more 8-12 hour RPGs imo
  • I feel like there was a precedent set early on that games w turn based mechanics had to be really long. I generally prefer smaller more compact things though (albums, games, whatever).
  • I suppose it's a budget things in a lot of cases
  • also didnt want people to rent
  • oh yeah I hear that was pretty integral to the development of dragon warrior
  • they just turned on backwards compatibility for Gears of War and Shadow Complex on Xbox One.

It's not enough to get me to stop playing Rocket League, but it's close.
  • what is the best skateboarding video game. to me, common sense says [insert fav THPS game here], but I'm open to other possibilities. are there any other good ones?
  • tony hawk underground 2. this is not up for debate
  • @Shooty that's like one of the worst games in the series.

I'd say it's either THPS2 or 3. The latter completed the combo system but the former had better levels.
  • Tony Hawk Ranked:

1. Pro Skater 3
    2. Pro Skater 2
    3. Pro Skater 4
    4. Underground
    5. Project 8
    6. Pro Skater
    7. Underground 2
    8. American Wasteland
    9. Proving Ground
  • and let's face it, Pro Skater 5 is going to be a fucking abomination.
  • edited August 2015
    I will say though, the new art style is a huge improvement over what they were showing before. Though it'll all be for naught if the performance doesn't hold up.
  • edited August 2015
    bozo top 10 games:
    1. Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask (10/10) N64
    2. Conker's Bad Fur Day (10/10) N64
    3. Banjo-Kazooie (10/10) N64
    4. Pokemón: Leaf Green Edition (10/10) GBA
    5. Super Smash Bros. Melee (10/10) GC
    6. Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time (9/10) N64
    7. Half Life 2 (9/10) PC
    8. Limbo (9/10) PC
    9. Heavy Rain (9/10) PS3
    10. Red Dead Redemption (9/10) PS3
  • Heavy Rain really that good? I've wanted to play it, just never got around to it.
  • edited August 2015
    It's a game that's adored by many for it's cinematic value. Definitely wouldn't suggest it to anyone who wants something that is gameplay-driven. Rather, it just has an amazing story (stores; multiple endings). Beware: It's more like a movie than a videogame.
  • bozo! limbo!!! yes!!!!!!!!

i'm so fucking hyped for its spiritual sequel, inside
  • I like a lot of those games, but my list would be very different.

For one thing I don't really think the rare platformers hold up in 2015. That style of game just feels so antiquated to me in 2015.

I still think Nuts & Bolts is the best game in that series for that reason.
  • Dan Ryckert is a monster
  • rocket league is the first thing to make me want a ps4
  • I assume that game runs okay on trashy pcs for what it's worth
  • not a video game, but do you guys ever play Go?
  • @kyle i barely remember Underground 2 or American Wasteland, and never played Proving Ground (I stopped giving a shit about the Tony Hawk games by that point). what was bad about em?
  • Last generation's games just didn't feel right from a gameplay perspective. I feel like they got away from the core vision of the series.
  • honestly whenever they had a storyline it was just dumb
  • It was pretty novel in Thug1 but yeah agreed... Thug2 bringing in all those Jackass dudes was just the lamest thing ever.
  • wasn't Bam Margera at least prt of most of the games anyway?
  • Well yeah but dude is a pro skater