Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video Games!

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Here's my 2015 list of the top 10 games ever:
    1. Resident Evil 4
    2. Super Mario Bros 3
    3. Spelunky
    4. Mass Effect 2
    5. Fallout 3
    6. Persona 4: Golden
    7. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    8. Rocket League
    9. The Last of Us
    10. Rock & Roll Racing

Honorable Mentions: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Half Life 2, The Walking Dead: Season 1, Castlevania III, Threes!
  • wow RE4 above all of 'em

that'd be a tight list if it wasn't lacking any Zelda representation
  • I've never been the biggest Zelda guy, but Windwaker would be on my list and really high if it wasn't for the terrible endgame.
  • maybe if I played the remake where they fixed the shit I hate about that game?
  • what do you mean by the endgame? sry im dumb
  • edited August 2015
    I'm talking about the triforce quest, which is a near universally loathed section of the game where you have to collect shards of the triforce all over the map. It takes forever and all it really does is extend the game.

They streamlined the fuck out of it for Windwaker HD because everyone hates it.
  • edited August 2015
    Also it's basically impossible if you don't know to buy the map from Tingle. Which I didn't know the first time I played the game.
  • Oh yeah that shits repetitive af
  • They streamline that if I remember right
  • Anyone else playing Sonic Dreams Collection?
  • thankfully no
  • lol Robby do you know what it is? It's insane.
  • I do and all I saw was a screenshot of a hedgehog orgy and I was good
  • If you don't know, hedgehog.exposed
  • how did you look away?
  • What are the scariest enemies in video game history? I nominate Deathclaws, Medusa Heads, and time limits.
  • Bowser is lame as shit.
  • ReDeads from OoT scared the crap out of me as a youngin'.
  • if u count time limits, then I'd say glitches wherein u go out of bound or some such thing are even more existentially terrifying
  • speaking of that

• Best vidya games of 2015 (so far):

1. Rocket League
    2. Life is Strange
    3: The Witcher III: The Wild Hunt
    4. Bloodborne
    5. Lifeline
    HM: You Must Build a Boat, The NHL Draft Lottery Simulator, most games that aren't Batman: Arkham Knight
  • I really need to play Axiom Verge, Ori and the Blind Forest, Her Story, and Grow Home. I'll get around to them at some point.
  • Galak Z and Everybody's gone to the rapture both look really awesome.
  • Haven't played Rapture yet, but I want to. Just picked up Journey for PS4, and its pretty amazing.
  • I started Rapture a few nights ago. It pretty much immediately builds this really eerie atmosphere and the scenery is nice to look at too. It's a lot like the studio's previous game, Dear Esther, in terms of gameplay and the way it tells you the story. Really, you just walk around, look at things, open doors, and listen to narrative and different conversations. The way the narrative is told is a bit more organic though. Haven't finished the game yet.
  • so have they explained why they didn't inform everyone of the sprint button? It's fucking baffling they shipped the game without educating their players on that.
  • It's not the worst soundtrack in the world.

That said, they should have just used the same music as 1-3 and called it a day.
  • edited August 2015
    Yeah, they had to change the sprint function at the last moment from the player automatically sprinting to the player having control over when they sprint. And in having to change it, they forgot or didn't have time to add something to tell the player in-game. They talked about it on their website a bit here: http://www.thechineseroom.co.uk/blog/blog/a-few-bumps-on-landing