▓▓▒ N ▓o▒i▓s▒e T▒h▒R▒▒e▒a▒D▒▒▒

edited January 2016 in Music
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒The twee thread has destroyed the balance of the force and this thread will hopefully restore it▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒Post good noise sh1t in this thr3ad▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒All noise is welcome, from blackened noise to noise pop, from CLPPNG to Merzbow, from techno to power electronics▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ image

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓

Comments

• I wouldn't say Lotic was noise necessarily. Also, Merzbow's discography is ludicrously large.
  • His last album was, for all intents and purposes. And nobody actually listens to merzbow, do they??
  • tim hecker is the greatest noise artist ever. that is all.

but actually, what are some essential noise albums?
  • Death Grips - No Love Deep Web
  • My Top 5:
    Kevin Drumm - Land of Lurches
    Masonna - Ejaculation Generater
    Sissy Spacek - Sissy Spacek
    LHD - Curtains
    Yellow Swans - Going Places

Although, people will argue that the following are some "essentials":
    Kazumoto Endo - While You Were Out
    Ramleh - Hole in the Heart
    Werewolf Jerusalem - God Has Shot Himself
    Incapicitants - As Loud As Possible
    Merzbow - Hybrid Noisebloom
    Whitehouse - Bird Seed
  • It was a bit of a 8-X
  • thanks for all the shares 2nd, checking out atm
  • edited January 2016
    Hanatarashi is a group I've been looking into as of late. I didn't know Yamatsuka Eye was involved with them, but now that I do know I feel obligated to listen to a couple of their releases.
  • as far as actualy noise hip hop goes Clipping and DALEK come to mind, and a bit of jenny death and Exmilitary I guesssss
  • Oh and the new lil ugly mane
  • im sure there are much more interesting noise hip hop releases tho
  • edited January 2016
    WWW and Techno Animal are some other notable groups from the Industrial Hip Hop umbrella. The style is one that has yet to be explored with such saturation as other genres in hip hop, sadly.
  • You guys have some favorite pedals for making noise?
  • edited January 2016
    My big problem with noise as a genre is that it doesn't really mean anything. You've got an incredibly diverse range of sounds from a large group of artists that can be classified as part of the "genre" so to speak.

I hate genre conventions to begin with, but I've always really struggled with this one in particular.

I don't think any genre classification with such a broad definition that both Merzbow and Liars could be included is a particularly well defined one.
  • I like the term noise to bring together all styles of music that have the same intent, which is to leave the scope of music
  • I just like music
  • shooty, you kind of include some death grips but gladly accept clipping? i've only heard a few clipping tracks but all were more accessible and less noisey than most death grips material
  • the one cool thing about it as a genre is definitely the sick pedals. I can be convinced of its legitimacy based on how cool the pedals are.
  • edited January 2016
  • it aint slick rick I'll tell u that
  • I think noise is a broad umbrella that pretty much encompasses any music that fucks heavily with abrasive textures
  • @bozo techno animal vs the world is dope, I should really get into their other stuff
  • Death grips generally doesnt fall under noise imo because they are more about other abrasive aspects of music besides timbre
  • death grips is totally noise music.
  • damn good point nvm