Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Are You Seeing

1232425262729»

Comments

• Wolves were incredible tonight, as always. I can’t think of a better live bm act
  • might not be going to the open mike and billy woods show unfortunately -- venue is way too close to Dodger stadium for me to risk dealing with that mayhem
  • yea wtf is happening today i dont follow sports, how does it take an hour and twenty minutes to go 10 miles at fucking 2:30 in the afternoon?
  • world series Game 2 Homecoming.
  • saw the clientele in a tiny boston venue last night (i found out about it last minute and immediately bought the $20 tickets). it was wonderful. totally unpretentious, minimal, and evocative. the crowd was loyal, too. beautiful stuff. wanted to stay after to meet the band but i had to get to my radio show :(
  • On a 6 hour bus to go see phil elverum play tonight. Excited but with some nervous apprehension at watching someone lay their soul bare in a live setting. I'll let you all know how it goes.
  • saw slowdive last night at paradise rock club in boston...

it was pretty fuckin transcendent. they played blue skied an' clear, alison, when the sun hits, slomo, star roving, sugar for the pill, dagger, and many more... go see them if you can, they are wonderful live! i felt enveloped in the sound in a way that only godspeed has rivaled
  • edited November 2017
    I really wanna see Endon play with Boris tomorrow but I'm really tight on money so I'll probs have to miss it... :'(

on the bright side it's in a poopy venue so it may suck anyhow
  • I just saw blank banshee at 70% or so of his set was unreleased material
  • He didn't play eco zones tho which bummed me out a bit
  • MowMow Lulu Gyaban!!!! Tonight!!!!!
  • edited November 2017
    ^^ mowmow lulu gyaban was amazing. it was a small venue, fucking tiny. idk if it was a private show or what cuz there was only 30 people in the crowd - by no exaggeration. maybe a few less.

the opening act was amazing too. I didn't catch the name - but it was something to do with Clits cuz he came out on stage nude except for a cock piece theremin! which he would rub and make music.
    he was such a sweaty, bald, and leanly muscular guy.
    Clitric squirrel!!! i couldn't understand the words - but he was a magician with humor. I laughed a few times and enjoyed the songs. He was a sing talker and I could tell his songs were stories of youth, old loves, longings, and comical rage against.

Mowmow mixed some new songs with their older songs. which was great for me, cuz the whole crowd from Clitric squirrel forward could participate in a call and response with the music. and i was literally 1 of 2 foreigners in the place (the other guy came with me) so when they played the older songs I knew well, i could participate - prove that I belonged there!

it was fucking awesome!!
  • Here he is!! CLITORIC RIS

The Saitama of the Stage ^o^
  • went and saw Ariel Pink live.
    Lots of fun, lots of energy.

Didn't play Round and Round as I was hoping (it seemed to have been a staple of his concerts on this tour) but they played Lipstick and most of my favourite cuts from the new record.
    Sound was a little off with the bass being almost overpowering, I didn't even know what some songs were until like half way through because of how overpowered they were.

but yeah, all in all, a fun little time
  • lipsticks such a good song
  • edited December 2017
    okay, seeing avey tare and panda bear last night perform sung tongs in full was the singlest greatest experience of my life. their performance was absolutely unreal. words can’t describe, truly. the crowd was also the best i’ve been a part of

will post a link to a rip of the HD pitchfork stream soon
  • edited December 2017
    check it out!!!!!!!!
  • thats pretty dope
  • prime access. totally wonderful show!!
  • edited December 2017
    wow dudes. lcd soundsystem ROCKED IT last night in boston. my friends and i were dancing like maniacs pretty much the whole set. holy wow that was an incredible show. it's like they picked out a bunch of cuts, not necessarily the biggest hits, that i personally love--you wanted a hit (which was a revelation live, holy crap), get innocuous!, tribulations, yr city's a sucker, home... but then they did bring it home with the classics, like someone great, i can change, dance yrself clean (which was the highlight of the night FOR SURE), and finally, all my friends, a gorgeous way to end the show. it was pure greatness, from beginning to end. sound was TIGHT, visuals were awesome, james murphy was a charming old fogey as usual. go see them if you get the chance!! i don't think i was properly hyped for the show because i only liked (not loved) their latest record. but fuck they blew me away from the first song (us v them)