What Are You Seeing

Comments

• edited June 14
    I ask because I vaguely remember you saying Arizona and I got a really good friend in cottonwood and was just at Zion a couple weeks ago
  • I saw one concert last year. It was the National in the rain! But it was still one show in like 18 months.
  • I didn't record this, but this is the Devin show I went to!
  • Well I hope Bandana is amazing because I just irresponsibly dropped $45 on this friday’s Freddie Gibbs & Madlib show. The night after the Billy Woods show too!

• Billy Woods was so awesome to see live. Played all the best tracks from Hiding Places and a few from Paraffin and Known Unknowns. Definitely one of my favorite rap shows I've been to this year.

Freddie Gibbs and Madlib's set was also awesome but it was pretty dead before then because it was one of those rap shows with no openers and just some shitty DJ playing for nearly two hours. He was playing the most basic shit (dude played like 5 or 6 tracks from Illmatic in a row, which yeah is a great album but a pretty lazy move for a DJ), not getting the crowd hyped at all, the people next to me were openly complaining about him by the end. He had a shitty turntable so his records constantly skipped, transitions between tracks were hilariously bad. He also kept saying "ready for Freddie Gibbs?!" just to get a reaction from the crowd before going back to his lame ass DJing. Just had to get this rant out here because it's one of the occupational hazards of rap shows that annoy me--if the tickets are going for $45 with fees, you'd at least expect one or two actual opening acts.
  • Merzbow was off the hook.

I took ear plugs like you suggested Robby, but I needn't, they were handing them out at the door.
  • That was smart of them, I don’t think they did that for my show. I honestly don’t know that I’ll ever see a better noise set.

• seeing a youtube video really doesn't do it justice.
    he was doing shit which made me body numb, it was insane.
  • edited July 5
    I'm very excited about seeing Cate le Bon

@Shooty have you gotten into any of the backlog?
  • I liked her new album. Will give it another listen soon

• Yea, Reward> Rock Pool

• Have a Nice Life show tonight

• Wha?

• arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads
  • yessss

• edited July 18

Danny Brown's show right after the release of XXX when Action Bronson was just an opener still my favorite rap show of all time quite easily. He had DJ Skywlkr hyping everyone before he came out with dope edits of Waka, Migos, etc and then Danny's energy was basically unparalleled combined with near perfect breath control. It was insane. A pit formed like we were a punk or metal gig. Left super sweaty and still hype. Sorry just randomly reminiscing

• Danny was awesome when I saw him touring behind AE, hopefully he tours again relatively soon. I’ve been to several really great rap shows this year between Vince, Earl, Little Simz, Billy Woods, and MadGibbs

• How was that Have a Nice Life show? I'm a huge fan.
  • It was good, they’re kind of sloppy as a live band tho. I’m not sure the magic of their music fully translates to a live setting.

• Black Midi in Nov

• Going to see Ouri at Elsewhere this weekend

• Just saw King Khan and the BBQ show again last night, I don't know how he does it, but every time is amazing.

• pulled the trigger on Lingua Ignota tickets, her set before Daughters last year was intense as hell and I love her new album so this is gonna be awesome. Got a pretty rad lineup of potential shows coming up that I can hopefully make:

Mizmor on 9/27

Boris on 9/29

Blanck Mass on 10/5

Immolation on 10/11

Danny Brown on 10/25

Amon Amarth w/ At the Gates on 10/26

MONO on 11/9

Chelsea Wolfe on 11/15 (depending on how I feel about the album)

Little Brother on 11/21

Lingua Ignota on 11/25

Daughters on 12/5 (this is a maybe because I saw them twice over the past 12 months, but I'd still love to go)

Cattle Decap w/ Atheist and Primitive Man on 12/20

• Cattle Decap with Atheist and Primitive Man

Fuuuuuuuuuuuckkkk

• Atheist is back together?

• Apparently so, here are the dates.

• Killer lineup, hope you have a great time