Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• first episode is great, sets up the premise of the season really well, and despite BoJack not having any interaction with Princess Carolyn or Diane and Mr. Peanutbutter, the previous seasons had set up their characters' stories for this season.
    It more or less left off from there.
  • Second episode, EVEN BETTER.

A flash back episode which is centred around 2007, and it follows a lot of break ups, get togethers, and ruined careers.
    I love that the first episode kinda just jumped into a lot of things without explaining them, and now there is pay off in these subsequent episodes.

will make rewatching a rewarding experience.

Also I think the animation is becoming a little more sophisticated, as I always thought it was slightly rigid, but there's more stuff happening and it's more detailed.
  • AHH it started!!! watching it today!!
  • edited July 2016
    "I'd shove my hand up your ass and control you like a muppet if I thought it'd win you an oscar."

being a publicist must be the coolest fucking thing!

(ha! maybe I am a facist)

• fuckin Alan Arkin! <3 I love hearing him. He could read every book to me. i love his participation in this.
  • i really hope Character Actress Margot Martindale shows up
  • edited July 2016
    "I'm about to be in what I've been told is a very important gay rights movie called I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry"
  • I love that this show will make its lead completely reprehensible and not apologise for it. The more you know about BoJack, the more you see how awful he is.
  • The underwater episode was beautiful
  • I'm on episode 3. Great so far. Best joke yet, from episode 2, "Buzz buzz, buzz buzz, buzz buZzzzz!"
  • the underwater one is probably the best Bojack episode yet.
  • oh i lost my shit at that Bee Movie joke
  • "I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!! I promise this will be funny in a year."
  • edited July 2016
    underwater episode was my favorite, too. It was amazing!

@DJ - ha yea. that was such a great line. "I drink your milkshake..." she picked all the right movies but had no idea how to read what was good about them.
  • what was the Bee Movie Joke?
  • he walks by a dude in a bee costume that's going "bzz bzz bzz" in a very Jerry Seinfeld-like manner
  • OH! i took that as something else. I've never watched the bee movie.
  • edited July 2016
    *spectulation* the way the publicist handled Bojack's problem played a part in how the blank reacted to his blank.
  • y'all weren't lying about the underwater episode. the punchline at the end is everything i love about this show
  • edited July 2016
    Six in and it's a great season so far
  • I swear the writers just have a book somewhere of all the "animals as humans" jokes and every episodes they have to throw a couple in.
  • Also the abortion episodes was stellar.
  • I'm in the middle of that one, the abortion trap song was the funniest part of the season so far
  • WOULD YOU ABORT A CAR
  • brrap brrap
  • Most consistent season yet. Every episode is good. And the arcs work so well.

Loved it
  • TTKTTK
    edited July 2016
    I watched episodes 7-9 yesterday, and I think what stuck out was episode 7, Stop the Presses.

An absolutely ingenious structure, with how it made a small thing into this flashback episode.
    I also loved the end, so often it will go on this big emotional haul, with an ending which feels like this sudden snap back to harsh reality, with hilarious effect.

"the sky can't be Secretariat!"

also I have a weird feeling that the person who was talking on the other end of the phone may know BoJack more than he realises.
  • Just finished the season. Wow
  • This season resolved a lot of plot threads, but left a lot of unanswered questions.
  • "You can't keep doing this, you can't keep doing shitty things and then feeling bad about yourself like that makes it OK. You need to be better."

"you are all the things that are wrong with you."