Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hype 2019

Comments

• @yama hell yes @ Robby the new James Blake is kinda trash. I Like the Andre 3000 track and a few others though.
  • i wouldn't say it's trash. i thought it was decent on first listen, probably a light 7 but could grow with time. i'm just really sad the record isn't in the same vein as "if the car besides you moves ahead" which is, to me, the most forward-thinking, brilliant song he's come out with since his self-titled.
  • The new Sharon Van Etten album is immense.
  • SVE will probably be the first 2019 album I give a listen to.
  • I'm a stan but my initial impressions are through the roof. Do it, but you have to be in the right mood for it, definitely more of a late night somber journey.
  • no one's talking about the new Steve Gunn which is kinda sad.

It's a beautiful record.
  • I don't know who that is but I'll check it out
  • dude from Kurt Vile’s band apparently (according to the googs at least)
  • Oh shit dope okay I'm in
  • New Toro y Moi surprised me big time
  • edited January 21
    New Julian Lynch album is great.
  • I love Julian Lynch, man January has been very kind to me.
  • hey gnargnar.

I honestly thought that Steve Gunn was at least known round here, I looooved his previous record. Probably be in my top 5 of 2016.
    But I also live in a bubble so hey whaddayaknow

ALSO
  • also gave the new Deerhunter a proper listen,

It's great! Very polished, formal, and almost regal sounding? Lots of brass, and almost march like rhythms.

It feels oddly sensible but also quirky too, I like it a lot.
  • Hey @Manateemaster and @ttk long time no chat. I visit this site for recs still pretty frequently but always forget how little I post. Need to check out Steve Gunn and Julian Lynch!
  • Also, at @HiRes and whoever else is interested, Julian Lynch joined Real Estate last year. Can’t wait to hear what his contributions are to their next album.
  • We’re still trying to make Real Estate happen?
  • edited January 23
    I hate real estate. I never felt so bored by a live performance in my life.
  • Anything Julian Lynch related will get my attention. I used to dig Real Estate
  • @Robby maybe Pixies will make a decent album this time
  • But the odds aren’t good
  • Those odds are in the toilet as far as I’m concerned.
  • Did Kim Deal take all the quality with her?
  • edited January 24
    Oh look a Weezer covers album that came out of nowhere... I think I’m gonna avoid this thing because I want to retain as much good will for the Black Album as possible and I have a sneaky suspicion that hearing their rendition of, say, “Billie Jean” will likely put a dent in that.
  • American Football track with Hayley Williams really impressed me, i kind of avoided their 2016 album but I’m cautiously optimistic about this one.
  • edited January 25
    Moses Sumney erases Blake from his own track. I absolutely adore like three tracks from the new Blake, but I don't know if that makes up for the rest of the mediocrity.