Random Thoughts

Comments

• @manatee true story? Jesus
  • Should’ve asked him about the crowd size at his last book signing and winked at him
  • It's so weird, I was thinking about that story the other day.

it's almost like a joke for those who know about it.
  • edited August 2018
    Sean spicer is an asshat, inthat he's a useless accessory to a shit factory.
  • ya fuck that guy, you don't get to be a normal person selling normal people books after seriously undermining our press every day for a year
  • Oh no fuck him in every way it was just bizarre as fuck seeing him out of nowhere in person lol but yeah I remember really being annoyed at people like Colbert trotting out Spicer and letting him be cuddly
  • @Robby Lol, no. That’s an old copy-paste meme. I just put Sean Spicer’s name in the place of Flying Lotus, none of its true. I think it originated from Reddit.
  • Oh... fuck
  • I hope FlyLo didn’t actually do that
  • definitely didn’t, it’s a silly copypasta
  • it's probably not real but also FlyLo has a rep for being a bit of an asshole
  • For real? That sucks to hear
  • yea I mean I don't know the guy so who knows, if you Google you'll find a few examples but I could be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because I like his music a lot
  • None of it seems like it makes him a bad person imo, just kinda a jerk
  • I know dude says dumb shit on twitter every now and again but I didn’t know he had a rep for being an actual jerk to folks in public.
  • i’m not sure he does... source, anyone? i swear that copypasta was a silly joke, at least i thought so
  • Copypasta is very clearly a joke lol
  • Some copypastas are based on real shit tho like the Greta Gerwig movie theater one
  • I mean it's all based on people saying things on the internet, I've just read several stories in the vein of that one. I don't really have enough interest to care whether or not any are true
  • This one def seems not true but others less so
  • i dunno, anonymous, jokey hearsay is pretty much categorically unreliable for me. if there were quotes from a real person about flylo being openly rude or whatever that’d be a dif story
  • Even if he is a jerk it really doesn’t matter to me
  • yeah, i’m pretty much there. famous artists don’t owe fans who spot them on the street their attention - sometimes they just want their privacy, and that could manifest as aloofness or rudeness. but also i love plenty of music from some actual assholes so
  • he may also just be shy.

People have thought that I'm an asshole cuz I don't speak often and I'm kinda cagey,

but then I warm up to them and they change their tune.
  • Yea, I'm not passing judgement I'm 100% sure if I was famous I'd rub people the wrong way sometimes. I feel like it's a lot psychologically for people, it makes me nervous just thinking about that much scrutiny on your every action
  • digging around my Facebook settings before deactivating it and there's a lot of crazy shit in here. fyi, facial recognition is on by default although location is not (probably for legal reasons). I personally feel like people should turn facial recognition off, imo it's a matter of time until that data is subpeoned in some legal proceeding and sets a precedent that the information can be used to implicate you.

if you think you wouldn't have anything to fear if you don't do anything wrong... well.. I really recommend reading this book, it's short and written in a very easily understandable way just how insanely powerful prosecutors and law enforcement have become in the past few decades. The average American unwittingly commits about 3 felonies a day, cops could decide for any reason to prosecute anyone for any of those and the whole system is built on basically trust that they won't (but they do all the time).
  • anyways, coming on the heels of this week's last week tonight i thought it would be a good opportunity to recommend a book for those who want to learn more about how deep the problem runs in our legal system. it's a bummer but i think it's important for every citizen to be informed in how to act when dealing with law enforcement. pleading the fifth was ruled as admissible evidence of guilt by the supreme court, don't plead the fifth! the only thing anyone should ever do is demand your legal counsel.
  • yo if you want a nice whiskey without spending tooo much money, you can get a bottle of suntory toki for like $35 and it's sooooo good