Random Thoughts

Comments

• i'm not usually crazy about suntory (although they have like a million types) but this one i'm all about
  • i wish i liked hard liquor of any kind. i guess i have not disliked it a few times. but for me, nice beer is so much better, and i'm not as dehydrated the next day
  • Elijah Craig Barrel Proof isn't much more and that's also amazing
  • funny cuz true
  • very accurate
  • edited August 2018
    I just picked this up at the Utah equivalent of Goodwill for $15. My micca mb42x speakers can be fed CDs now >-)

• is sampling fishmans cool or are they one of those bands you should never sample because you'll never really escape the original piece?
  • i'm trying to decide this because damn there are so many awesome places i could sample in their discography
  • Sample first, ask questions later
  • i think you could sample them. i look forward to hearing what you make from it!
  • sampling is sampling, right. do it to it and if no one objects, who's to say you were wrong?
    and if it's good, who could blame you.
  • sample everything
  • edited August 2018
    I recently reconnected with some friends from high school, and we started a Messenger room where we share music. It’s mostly been me sharing the stuff (usually prog rock/metal, jazz, funk, etc) I think they’ll like, pretty much a microcosm of this place. I’m having so much fun trying to cater to what I think they would like, kind of like what I try to do here, although you guys are more knowledgeable with regards to the breadth of music out there than this other group is, who are musicians.

It made me realize that making a show that explores the music I love would be my (other) dream job. (The job I just started back in July is soooo cool I’m so lucky to have it, so this all hypothetical). Documentary style retrospectives including interviews and in-depth analyses of bands, albums, movements and genres. Not so much reviews focused. Something like what Cinemassacre does for classic horror movies, or what Every Frame a Painting does for filmmaking, or kind of what Razorfist does for black metal without his infamous ranting style — that’s not my jam. Not to say I would be able to match their level of quality by a long shot. It’s just got me thinking...
  • This video is better than the entirety of that jay rock album

• I think that's what's missing about the modern DJ. they play what's marketed to them, they don't research and curate.

The really good DJ's and promoters I think are worth wild, curate and bring their audience something new, something they never heard before.

i think that's why i still really love College radio. it brings the audience new things which take time and research. makes it a good combination with college. i'm sure your old high school friends appreciate the breath of freshness.

• looks like i'm moving back to ny. thanks california for being my mentor for the past four years, it is nearly impossible to express my gratitude to my adopted home
  • Aw shit why you moving back?
  • (︶︹︺) ::huff::
  • damnnnn and right when i got here. never even got to meet in person
  • got a job it made sense to take, still here till November so maybe we'll have time :)
  • have a tnd la meetup

dooooo it
  • if it happened, you should video chat in.
  • I'm so down! TND KBBQ?!?!?
  • Guys I kind of decided to delude myself and put off thinking about it but am I still allowed to love Swans?
  • hm i could be down for an la meet up if i can get down there soon enough! sorry i totally missed the follow ups here
  • you're gonna have to hurry @geo - @toons is on a timer. you gotta get in and out of L.A. before the end of sept. otherwise, he's gonna turn back into a New Yorker.
  • Actually mid October! But yea it'd have to be th first or second weekend of October