Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Random FUCKING Thoughts VIII

Comments

• this is a tough season for plants.
  • TTKTTK
    edited November 4

am I obsessed?
    Also I think I'm the only one who got the reissues NOT on LP. Only found em cuz my work was selling 'em.
  • It’s hard for me to keep up with the Gizz
  • edited November 4
    Not me #ifyouknowwhatimsayin, #winkwink
  • whats your favorite gizzard ttk

i like paper mache the best because of the flute
  • I think Nonagon Infinity will go down as one of the best records of the decade imo.

Paper Mache is beautiful, though. I also have gotten quite a lot of play from Gumboot Soup. It's such a great "compilation" of the styles they dabble in.

On first listen to all the early albums I've bought, Float Along - Fill Your Lungs is probably the best.
    Feels the most cohesive and fully realised album of their early work, you can start to hear the groundwork for their later classics being laid.
    It's also noisy as fuck

• Anyone else love Sketches?
  • sketches is fun.

better than Murder of the Universe, anyway.
  • happy Election Day fellow Americans, please vote
  • tfw polls are suggesting at least a third of democrats in my state are intending to vote republican today :|

this country is staggeringly dumb
  • What state are you in?
  • Maryland. the baltimore sun even switched their endorsement from the dem governor candidate to the republican in the name of bipartisanship, because apparently gutting a hugely popular public transit project from baltimore city and wanting to prevent muslims from living in the state are basically non-issues to suburban voters who outnumber people who actually live in baltimore
  • Uh... why would you want to prevent muslims from living in the state?
  • 2pl2pl
    edited November 6
    sorry, worded poorly. the current governor, who is a republican, wants to prevent muslims from living in the state. because he is racially prejudiced. the local paper endorsed him anyway. I am extremely extremely against that
  • Oh I see what you’re saying
  • damn bjork at karoake is a bad call
  • what song? I assume it'd be Oh So Quiet but idk
  • i think "hyperballad" gets a lot of karoake attempts

"oh so quiet" could be an adventurous song - if you go a little crazy with it, it might work better for you
  • i would sing hyperballad if i had someone to suck at it with me
  • i can only imagine how embarrassing bjork karaoke can get
  • Isn't embarrassment the point of karaoke tho?
  • depends are u bad at singing?
  • I usually tend to pick 80s bands with somewhat monotone deeper voiced lead singers... So anything by Joy Division and Bauhaus really
  • would you sing bjork with an attempted accent? that could get really dicey.
    i do weird Al often - there's remove for interpretation
  • definitely wouldn't attempt an accent

tbh i think if you're good at singing you should pretend to be bad for karaoke, it's more fun that way.
  • no rules! do what you like with the friends who can still laugh and smile and look you in the eye afterwards!
  • I’m fucking fuming right now
  • I don't know why
  • edited November 27
    it's a lot to process. it's always been one thing to say "the world" is changing. but there are a lot of intense and dramatic changes happening in the fast coming present- most completely out of the realm of control.

we're just watching it all around us
  • it's cold by the sea