Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Random FUCKING Thoughts VIII

Comments

• roger, wilco.

over and out.
  • I don't care about Wilco in 2015, but that's the best name and album cover combo in human history.
  • wilco is indie factory music
  • the furst
  • like wilco is the post college factory worker band
  • trve indie. u cant get more indie than that
  • I mean they are now but their 90s stuff is really great.
  • don't forget yankee
  • I wasn't I just thought it came out earlier than 2002. It's been awhile since I've cared about them.
  • @thesamuelcooke no there hasn't been a decent hip hop album since...
  • ^ "in a similar vein"
  • Albums that sound exactly like Be, no. But the new Slum Village, Oddisee, and Daye Jack are of a similar vein in my opinion.
  • And then if you just go back to last year The 1978ers People of Today, Shads Flying Colours, People Under the Stairs, and Common released.
  • yea Oddisee came to my head too. Oddisee is one of those rappers who I think is aight but has the potential to be more than aight
  • Shad is the first rapper that came to my head.
  • Anyone into smaller electronic music labels like DredCollective? Software Records? PCMusic? Bromance Records?

• @Shackleton PCMusic I'm interested in for sure. wlfgrl is cool. along w/ suicideyear & sculpture. Haven't heard anything out of Bromance tho.

i reccommen"membrane pop" by sculpture for sure tho. fvx w/ dat heavy.
  • I follow Software, mostly due to the OPN connections
  • @TTK You end up listening to Commissions II? Bought the Vinyl for RSD 2015, turned me on to Magnetic Rose, which was a trip

@Bozo WLFGRL was my jam when it came out, crazy textures, sort of a footwork revival. Suicideyear has some serious potential as a producer, I really liked his last LP Japan, but it was kind of lacking in variety, can't wait to see what he does next (Hopefully he gets some distance from Sadboys Clique). 

I'll have to listen to Membrane Pop, seen it around for a while, never got into it

Bromance offers some really cool underground dance acts, Brodinski, Panteros666 and Little Mike are all worth checking out
  • naw, not listened to commissions.
  • you should! my friend, who had never heard OPN before and never listens to experimental music, described it as "studying microbiology within a russian church." 
  • I still think its funny that whatever danial lopatin releases next will be a masterpiece just by virtue of him releasing it. He litterally released an album of slowed down 80s hits and it was gold
  • replica? replica was a whole lot more than slowed down 80s hits lol
  • i think he was referring to eccojams
  • Triangle records stan here. Not much love for PC Music, but the rest are cool.
  • Suicideyear has released a few things since Japan he's amazing though. Also been in love with Eric Dingus for years now.