It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
best scenes in mainstream films that involve eating poop:
1. austin powers drinking fat bastard's shit and mistaking it for coffee
2. the eat shit scene in the help
3. the entirety of adam sandler's that's my boy
Pink Flamingos is my personal #1 in that category.
I need to watch more John Waters filmography.
I need to watch any of John Waters' filmography.
Pink Flamingos works as a starter right?
edited November 2015
Yeah it's what I started with and what most ppl use as a starter, and probably my favorite of his that I've seen, though any of his movies with Divine, especially Multiple Maniacs and Female Trouble, are rly enjoyable (besides Hairspray which idc about).
edited November 2015
bands still active that i needa see live:
My Bloody Valentine
At the Gates (its happening in february)
At the Gates is coming to Austin, but I won't be seeing them. I've seen My Bloody Valentine, Radiohead, and Battles.
I coulda seen Battles last month but i was a lazy pants. Daft Punk is probably wishful thinking on my part but you never know
are you kidding? alive 2017 is right around the corner!
edited November 2015
top tens of each year of the decade so far barring this year (redux)
1. White Shoes & The Couples Company - Album Vakansi
2. Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest
3. Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Before Today
4. The New Pornographers - Together
5. Joanna Newsom - Have One on Me
6. Tame Impala - Innerspeaker
7. Woods - At Echo Lake
8. The Books - The Way Out
9. Happy Birthday - Happy Birthday
10. Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma
1. Destroyer - Kaputt
2. Shabazz Palaces - Black Up
3. Grouper - A I A
4. Oneohtrix Point Never - Replica
5. Machinedrum - Room(s)
6. James Ferraro - Night Dolls With Hairspray
7. The Caretaker - An Empty Bliss Beyond This World
8. Radiohead - The King of Limbs
9. Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Unknown Mortal Orchestra
10. Thundercat - The Golden Age of Apocalypse
1. Tame Impala - Lonerism
2. Jessica Pratt - Jessica Pratt
3. Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
4. Waxahatchee - American Weekend
5. Zammuto - Zammuto
6. Angel Olsen - Half Way Home
7. Woods - Bend Beyond
8. Dirty Projectors - Swing Lo Magellan
9. Burial - Truant/Rough Sleeper
10. Mac DeMarco - 2
1. Laura Marling - Once I Was an Eagle
2. King Krule - 6 Feet Beneath the Moon
3. Jai Paul - Jai Paul (bootleg)
4. Mutual Benefit - Love's Crushing Diamond
5. Burial - Rival Dealer
6. James Blake - Overgrown
7. Phoenix - Bankrupt!
8. Slow Beach - Lover Lover EP
9. Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City
10. Unknown Mortal Orchestra - II
1. D'Angelo & The Vanguard - Black Messiah
2. Amen Dunes - Love
3. Angel Olsen - Burn Your Fire for No Witness
4. Itasca - Unmoored By the Wind
5. Iceage - Plowing Into the Fields of Love
6. A Sunny Day in Glasgow - Sea When Absent
7. The War on Drugs - Lost in the Dream
8. The New Pornographers - Brill Bruisers
9. Leon Vynehall - Music for the Uninvited
10. Ariel Pink - Pom Pom
but holy shit, listen to good kid, maad city already
I think the only two which significantly changed were 2010 and 2011,
probably because they've had the longest time for me to change and reconsider the records released that year, but they both have changed their #1 spots.
in 2010 my #1 was Tame Impala, and in 2011 my #1 was Young Montana's Limerence, which has completely left my top 10 all together. If I was to do like a top 20 it might make it.
My taste is shifted so much since then.
Was there ever another Happy Birthday album? I loved that a lot in 2010 too.
edited November 2015
well, you have King Tuff's solo stuff, he was the front man of Happy Birthday.
top 5 lol moments in music 2015
1. rustie sampling a dolphin
2. GOD in general
3. sleaford mods attacking blur on 'rupert trousers'
4. kurt vile referring to himself as a 'certified badass'
5. sufjan 'subaru' stevens
i preferred when riff raff sampled a dolphin
1. Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz
2. Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma
3. Agalloch - Marrow of the Spirit
4. Four Tet - There is Love in You
5. Titus Andronicus - The Monitor
6. Nails - Unsilent Death
7. Cloudkicker - Beacons
8. LCD Soundsystem - This is Happening
9. Das Racist - Sit Down, Man
10. opn - Returnal
1. Tim Hecker - Ravedeth, 1972
2. Danny Brown - XXX
3. Giles Corey - Giles Corey
4. Kendrick Lamar - Section.80
5. Deafheaven - Roads to Judah
6. Oneohtrix Point Never - Replica
7. La Dispute - Wildlife
8. Shabazz Palaces - Black Up
9. Touche Amore - Parting the Sea Between Brightness and Me
10. KEN mode - Venerable
HM: Wormrot, Rwake, Russian Circles, Wolves in the Throne Room, Clams Casino, Fuck the Facts, Colin Stetson, Disma, Chelsea Wolfe
1. Loma Prieta - I.V.
2. Kendrick Lamar - good kid mad city
3. Swans - The Seer
4. Burial - Kindred
5. Billy Woods - History Will Absolve Me
6. Jambinai - Differance
7. El-P - Cancer 4 Cure
8. Lil Ugly Mane - Mista Thug Isolation
9. Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind
10. Death Grips - The Money Store/NLDW
HM: Tame Impala, Cloud Nothings, Code Orange Kids, Deathspell Omega, Killer Mike, Flying Lotus, GY!BE, Heems, Ty Segall Band
1. Melt-Banana - Fetch
2. And So I Watch You From Afar - All Hail Bright Futures
3. Oneohtrix Point Never - R+7
4. Altar of Plagues - Teethed Glory in Injury
5. Nails - Abandon All Life
6. Armand Hammer - Race Music
7. Queens of the Stone Age - ..Like Clockwork
8. Deafheaven - Sunbather
9. The Dillinger Escape Plan - One of Us Is the Killer
10. Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
HM: Fuck the Facts, Mikal Cronin, Cloudkicker, Touche Amore,
1. Run the Jewels - RTJ2
2. Panopticon - Roads to the North
3. Thou - Heathen
4. Full of Hell - Full of Hell & Merzbow
5. Gridlink - Longhena
6. Flying Lotus - You're Dead!
7. Swans - To Be Kind
8. Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Pinata
9. Neil Cicierega - Mouth Sounds/Silence
10. Behemoth - The Satanist
HM: Yautja, Girl Talk, D'Angelo, Ariel Pink, Sunny Day in Glasgow, Boris, Open Mike Eagle, Have a Nice Life, Weezer, Mick Jenkins
top 20 songs 2015
20. Julia Holter - Feel You
Tribe Called Red - All Day ft. Kool A.D
Kanye - All Day
Thundercat - Them Changes
Mr. Muthafuckin Exquiere - Blood On The Moon
Lower Dens - To Die In LA
Tinashe - Wanderer
Netaji Lamont - Drifting
American Wrestleres - Theres No Crying Over Me Either
Chance The Rapper - Angels
Wet - Deadwater
Sufjan Stevens - Should Have Known Better
MED Blue & Madlib - Knock Knock
Kill J - You're Good But I'm Better
Despot - House of Bricks
Frank Ocean - At Your Best
Anna B Savage - 1
Okay Kaya - Clenched Teeth
Young Thug - Pacifier
1. Kendrick Lamar - Black Friday remix
1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. The Force Awakens
3. A New Hope
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. Attack of the Clones
7. The Phantom Menace
i actually think attack of the clones was worse
they're both giant pieces of shit but I at least liked the coliseum scene more than anything in Phantom Menace.
edited December 2015
I'd still put a new hope above tfa, but I agree with the rest. Clones and phantom both share the lowest spot for me. They both stink of a first draft of a story with no editor.
my 10 favorite songs of 2015
1. Father John Misty - When You're Smiling and Astride Me
2. Apache Sun - Club Noir
3. The Arcs - Put A Flower In Your Pocket
4. Nine Pound Shadow - Melody
5. Drake/Future - Diamonds Dancing
6. Tame Impala - Let It Happen
7. Tobias Jesso Jr. - Without You
8. A$AP Rocky/Schoolboy Q - Electric Body
9. Mark Ronson/Kevin Parker - Daffodils
10. Lana Del Rey - God Knows I Tried
i didn't feel as strongly towards 2015's music as much as i wanted to. not like there's a quality drop or anything like that. most likely im not gonna make an album list i mean a good portion of it is spent listening to mainly to I Love You, Honeybear, Currents, and Yours, Dreamily,
best albums of 2006:
J Dilla - Donuts
Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain
Tim Hecker - Harmony in Ultraviolet
MONO - You Are There
Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury
Gaza - I Don't Care Where I Go When I Die
Sunn O))) & Boris - Altar
Ghostface Killah - FishScale
Mastodon - Blood Mountain
Brand New - The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me
Wolves in the Throne Room - Diadem of 12 Stars
Russian Circles - Enter
Jay Reatard - Blood Visions
The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America
joanna newsom - ys
the knife - silent shout
edited January 2016
speaking of 2006, here's my best film/game scores of 2006:
Clint Mansell - The Fountain
Javier Navarrete - Pan's Labyrinth
Jeremy Soule - TES IV: Oblivion
Hans Zimmer - The Da Vinci Code
Hans Zimmer - Dead Mean's Chest
James Newton Howard - Lady in the Water
Hitoshi Sakimoto - Final Fantasy XII
John Powell - X-Men: The Last Stand
Howard Shore - The Departed
Patrick Doyle - Eragon
Martin O'Donnell & Michael Salvatori - Halo 2 Original Soundtrack Volume Two
edited January 2016
can't sleep plus im bored, so im gonna make a movie list, even including brief commentary. the number of films I've seen last year is more limited than the amount of albums I've heard, but im still able to pull off a
top ten Best Movie Moments of 2015. this does not reflect on the movie's overall quality. i'll try to keep spoilers to a minimum.
10. Jessica Chastain going coo-coo in Crimson Peak
- tbh I don’t remember what made her character go crazy bc this movie was a snoozefest, but she was entertaining and even a bit frightening to watch when she finally goes berserk.
09. the 1st major fight sequence in Creed
- all the praise this scene gets is justified, it's really well done.
08. the Taiwanese news segment in 7 Days in Hell
- i was not prepared for this part it was so funny lol. also Kit Harington should stick to comedies from now on.
07. the beginning chase scene in Mad Max Fury Road
- self-explanatory, since everyone’s seen this. the sand storm portion won me over.
06. the whole recording sessions of Pet Sounds in Love & Mercy
- as a fan of the beach boys, this filled me with glee. Paul Dano’s performance is absolutely brilliant here, but it's overlooked and it sucks he got snubbed from the oscars. this movie is so underrated.
05. when Greta Gerwig’s character and her friends go to her ex’s place trying to convince him to invest money on a restaurant in Mistress America
- the moment everyone is inside the house, this movie goes allll over the place. it's a barrage of things happening all at once, everyone talks fast, the energy is highly frantic. it is so relentless. i feel like im cheating with this one bc it’s a very long scene (~30 min.) but it's so much fun. actually i kinda already cheated on Love & Mercy, oh well
04. the islands collapsing in Inside Out
- i cried when this happened. one of the best metaphors of depression I’ve ever seen.
03. when the boy looks up at the sky in Room
- don’t know how to go explain this w/o spoiling it (this a movie you wanna watch knowing as little as possible don’t even watch the trailer), but the emotional impact in that scene is monumental. i also think the child actor steals this movie from Brie Larson (she's still very good in this). he should have gotten an oscar nomination at least.
02. the wire walk in The Walk
- ranking is this high bc I saw this in 3D Imax, remember that. one of the most amazing and visceral experience i’ve had in a movie theater. it's a shame no one saw this movie. this scene was able to accomplish what the documentary was not able to do when it comes to the actual walk. now im biased on this bc i really afraid of heights, but man I was really scared when JGL was up on the wire. even tho I know the outcome, i can’t help having knots in my stomach and sweaty hands the whole time he was up there. I know it’s cgi and all but it felt s0o real. there isn’t a single moment in Sicario that is as imposingly tense as this scene. You really do feel the wonder and danger of up that freakishly high, and there is no way you can replicate the same feeling if you watch it on the computer, I think.
01. the you-know-what scene in Ex Machina
- if you've seen Ex Machina already, you know what scene im talking about. and if you haven’t, you most likely have been exposed to it via a gif or meme. if you have no idea what im talking about at all, you’re very fortunate, and should Ex Machina right away. the scene is random and out of the blue, but when it happens, it is everything. it's funny, it's sad, it's Oscar Isaac being awesome to the core, it's so different from the rest of the movie, but it's perfection.
-- i also want to give a special honorary mention to pretty much any scene with Eddie Redmayne in Jupiter Ascending, bc his performance is on a whole 'nother level here. it's better than his work in The Theory of Everything and The Danish Girl combined! he entertained me so much i went 'fuck it' and put JA in my top 10 even tho it's so stupid lol
I didn't keep track of best movie scenes, but that first big chase scene in Mad Max would unequivocally be #1 for me. it's the greatest action sequence ever filmed and I don't think that's going too far
yeah. it fucking rules.
Powered by Vanilla