Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

P4K Predictions & General Music Criticism Thread

1787980818284»

Comments

• you've made a good point, i think i was underestimating how seriously racists will use this as propaganda
  • Shooty: “Also idk where u got philosophy I’m talking understanding the way the state, production and society organize themselves and effect eachother.”

Toony: “...understanding the philosophical underpinning of something takes time and energy that a lot of people just don't have.”
  • Neoliberalism is a philosophy so attacking it as an entire entity is ultimately a philosophical battle as supposed to attacking the policies it chooses to implement which is not inherently idealogical
  • But I agree I'm down to not have this argument lol I dunno why I'm picking fights today
  • edited June 13
    I never said neoliberalism, thats another stait up strawman. I said “(neo)liberal capitalism and western ‘democracy”’, which is a material, universally relevant phenomenon.
  • Aight I misread your first post, wasn't trying to misrepresent you, invalidate you and didn't understand that distinction was super important to you either

Let's leave it at that and maybe we can revisit a similar topic another time
  • You made some good points but I know you've heard Trump try and garner more of a black base by tweeting about him, Alex Jones wanted him on his show, etc
  • yea... underestimating the shittiness of people is always a mistake
  • I've enjoyed this dialogue, everyone.
  • Check the forum, see 70+ new posts in the P4k thread, lol.

• bravo!
  • https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/deafheaven-ordinary-corrupt-human-love/

Was gonna pull out the “hey the annual metal BNM” line but I almost forgot that they miraculously gave the BNM to the new Sleep