Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

H4RDCOR3!!!!!

Some pretty notable hardcore albums released lately, what have you been listening to? New Refused, Counterparts, Defeater, etc have been on my recently listened

also general hardcore thread lesgo

Comments

• I was gonna listen to Refused but then I decided to cut my dick off instead.
  • classic kyle!
  • Klassic Kile
  • No, but really folks, the new Refused sucks.
  • refused are fucking dads amirite
  • edited July 2015
    really tho it's as bad as i thought

• do people collectively still consider the new Refused a hardcore record? I've heard a lot of people say it's closer to something in the hard rock genre.
  • The first song is hardcore the rest is pretty alright hard rock. Not a good refused album though. Just go listen to their early albums and get ur dick blown off
  • edited July 2015
    the most hardcore moments on that album are like barely hardcore

seriously kyle please listen to the track i posted and tell me if it's more in the hard rock genre
  • Yeah I wasnt too impressed by it. If ur new to refused just skip it and listen to their masterpieces
  • On the flip side the new counterparts album is fuckin awesome.
  • @liamb25 what are Refused's masterpieces in your opinion? 
  • The Shape of Punk to Come and This Just Might Be The Truth
  • oh god that's a refused song?

I can never listen to this abomination, I refuse.
  • forgetting Songs to Fan the Flames of Discontent. I don't really care about the debut
  • Songs to Fan the Flames of Discontent is a goddamn masterpiece if I'm being asked. It's like a quarter notch below The Shape of Punk to Come and honestly it might be a little more consistent.
  • any of you guys listen to Orchid? Is anything after Chaos is Me worth checking out?

Is this a safe place for screamo?
  • I know I've listened to that one and maybe one of the other ones
  • Thanks guys, I'll have to listen when I get off work
  • speaking of screamo when the FUCK is the new Loma Prieta album coming out
  • Orchid is cool but im not too into skramz all that much

Speaking of screamo tho saosin is making a reunion album and 8th grade me is stoked
  • edited July 2015
    If you want some good emo-hardcore, definitely check out defeater and counterparts if u havent already (bc srsly they are essentials)

Also just came across a band called Dependence who are fucking phenominal but so small.

I have a crazy long list of just emotional hardcore tho its like 90% of the hc i listen to
  • fuck yeah man
  • @Robby I mean October 2nd
    photo 1B0CAC03-0361-4F10-9B94-FE087CB71AE8.png
  • HUMINAHUMINAHUMINAHUMINAHUMINAHUMINA
  • There's no way this lives up to the hype I've given it in my mind and I still want it so badly.
  • I like that they're continuing their trend of not-particularly-great cover art
  • I like that the T is upsidown for no particular reason.
  • edited July 2015
    i've never heard refused, but i looked up the shape of punk to come on rym and the top review was fucking amazing: http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/refused/the_shape_of_punk_to_come/

guess i'll have to check out the record now