Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Emu Thread

I think these Brand New fellas are going places.

Comments

• I'm really flabbergasted that there's an emo record from 2006 that isn't complete garbage. Everything I know is wrong.
  • you've just gotten to The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me????

don't worry i only listened to it first a few months ago, kinda strange considering I was exactly the target demo for it
  • that blows my mind that you guys are only just hearing that. seems like something you'd both be into already. the run of the first 4 or 5 tracks is incredible don't you think!
  • I think part of it for me was age. I mean I was 18 and kind of righteously indignant about emo at the time.
  • When 'millstone' drops into jesse singing 'well take me out tonight, woahhhhhh'... that shit gives me goosebumps every time.
  • I have 0 excuse, they're just a band I somehow haven't listened to seriously until recently
  • That's the same for me. I mean I had listened to The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows a hell of a lot when I was a teenager, but only just now got around to listening to the rest of that album. The Devil And God is next though.
  • this is a band to keep an eye on. This is their only released song right now but I like it a lot.

• That was just ok to me on first listen, but it seems like the sort of thing that could easily grow on me if I hear it a few more times.

This is the only emu-tinged stuff that I've really loved this year: https://alimonyhustle.bandcamp.com/

• How big was this? I missed it untill now but like it looks familier and i like it a lot https://dadsnj.bandcamp.com/album/american-radass-this-is-important
  • saw em open for touche once...p bland tumblrcore if you ask me
  • Sorority Noise's album is really clicking for me right now. Could see this being in my top 10 for sure.
  • listen to this shit
  • so holy shit.

Did you guts know that Jimmy Eat World's Clarity is kinda great?
  • Expect this thread to be me commenting on decade old emo albums that I found out were good I guess
  • Yeah man clarity is tight.
  • Is any of their other stuff worth checking out? I know they went super commercial afterward.
  • i saw them open for Green Day over 10 years ago lol
  • I see a lot of people say Clarity is great but I don't think I've ever consciously heard a Jimmy Eat World song. I'll rectify that.
  • after hearing it I don't think Brand New could exist without it.
  • this is becoming one of my favorite records at a really rapid pace you guys. All the acclaim it gets is well deserved.

We'll see how much staying power it has, but I've got a hard on that can cut glass for this thing.
  • edited February 2016
  • Speaking of Jimmy eatworld, i remember how big "the middle" got when I was in school. They still play it a lot now at rock/metal club nights in my town.
  • edited February 2016
    Yeah that song is great!
  • Yeah dude "The Middle" was fucking everywhere. It's a damn fine song but even I cringe when I hear it now.
  • i prefer "Pain" which was on one of the THUG soundtracks i think
  • Cringe is right, I think it is the beginnings of the verse and the way he says "hey".
  • I like The Sweetness more than The Middle off that record.
  • "Sweetness" is a really great song. Wasn't that on one of the NHL games in the PS2 era?

maybe it was Tony Hawk

actually it's probably both