Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

technologyThread

123457»

Comments

• edited March 26
    damn another heavily typed language that compiles to JS. i swear if i could write code this way for a living it would cut my days in half.

http://www.purescript.org/
  • edited March 26
    I wish I knew Haskell better than I do.

I use TypeScript on a regular basis, and even that level of strong, static typing is really useful. Also, decorators!
  • i'm so tempted to begin experimenting with haskell snap but i'm stuck on elm json decoders and can't live with myself unless i can figure out how to decode the first element of a JSON array of objects of type X to an elm value of type X. seems like all the decoder utils are built around primitives.
  • edited March 26
    all the json APIs i use are wrapped in array brackets even if they're representing one value. heavily typed languages do not like that.
  • nvm shit is always easier in programming when you begin to complain about it on the internet.
  • @Ocaml oh yeah, that works for me too sometimes. just explaining the problem to someone else helps the brain thinking through problems.
  • Yo assembly is dope
  • Do like qauntum computers even have registers
  • rubber ducking
  • @shootyman kind of, but they can hold more than 2 states
  • edited March 29
    This is the kind of web code inspection and reverse engineering I love doing

https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/87s1fl/psa_reddit_has_enhanced_their_tracking_they_now/

Also, reddit tracks you a lot more now ;(
  • i've been thinkin
  • i think about chaos monkey
    applying it to the daily life
    could it be useful
    simulating catastrophe
    suppose i lost a b c d e f g
    how would i respond, adapt survive
    suppose i ran it in the morning
    or even at randomized intervals
    and it broke important things, could those things be fixed.
  • I JUST REALIZED I'VE BEEN RUNNING HYPERKIT ALONGSIDE VBOXHEADLESS BECAUSE I HAVE BOTH DOCKER FOR MAC AND DOCKER TOOLBOX INSTALLED

no wonder my mac's been so slow