Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Comments

• FLCL Season 2!!! TRAILER!!!!

They got The Pillows!!!! fuck yea

FLCL- LOOKS GOOD!!! FLCL HYPE!

it's too short!!
  • THE PILLOWS ARE BACK!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2018!!!!!
  • Adult Swim is my fucking hero!!!!

• ⌒°(❛ᴗ❛)°⌒
  • watch more anime
  • mawr anime!!

less bots.
  • Here is a question for people who read this.

Are you familiar with the term "otaku" and do you believe there is a difference between an otaku and a weeb?

I think there is and I consider myself an otaku.
  • well just in my quick google research, apparently they are different.

Otaku is "a young person who is obsessed with computers or particular aspects of popular culture to the detriment of their social skills."

Weeb is "Someone from outside of Japan who acts like they want to be Japanese despite knowing little of the culture."

with how foreign words (and just words) spread and are recontextualised, I'm sure Otaku has carried weeb/weeaboo's meaning amongst English speakers.
  • ( ̄^ ̄) hmph

( ̄^ ̄) hmph

( ̄^ ̄) hmph

all of this aligns with my understanding ( ̄︶ ̄;)
  • edited July 2017

to be clear - I loved Dragon Half -only watched it in Japanese cuz it was horrific in english. but for the joke style, I can't tell if it was good dubs for the comedy or not. it was just easier to laugh at the visual comedy when I wasn't cringing over the English.

ending song of Dragon Half is great AND so hilarious and cute
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe10pq
  • Fidget Spinner Anime!

^o^
  • edited July 2017
    good points. I relate. the struggle of modern media and anime. This guy is in favor of crunhyroll @shin0z

maybe I should settle down to some service. but definitely not some service where i'm paying monthly bundle fees ONTOP of even greater monthly subscription fees.
  • what i do respect about Crunchyroll vs Funimation sites for streaming - Crunchyroll keeps the Japanese subtitle while Funimation creates a Dub. and I prefer Sub to Dub. d(´▽`*)

current new-to-me anime: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun: A Certain Scientific Railgun
    science fantasy, high school centric modern city.

no inserts - cuz hyping it at this point of interest would be false.
  • Meanwhile-
    "Birdie the Mighty: Decode" is fucking great!
    another science fantasy, but while the male protag and friends are high schoolers - it's not about their high school life, but rather the interruption of it.
  • I Dream of Mimi review.

It's totally perverted! ^o^
  • crunchyroll is finally working with twitch and streaming anime on a live channel!

right now they're streaming: "Youjo Senki" The Saga of Tanya the Evil. - the Cute Nazi pilot alt. universe one i posted a bit a ago.
    looks like it's about episode 3 or 4 deep. (i keep missing the #)

ha ha! but i remain superior to everyone in the live chat! they have to catch up to me!

"Congratulation me! Yay!"

https://www.twitch.tv/twitchpresents
  • episode 5 of Youjo Senki is really great.
  • awww - i'm superior to only idiots in the chat. (which is normal) other people know about the show too.

(╥_╥) i'm so isolated aand removed at times.

oh life!
  • idiots? what you mean?
  • @TTK

just having fun and being insulting to an unspecified group of observable or imagined % of the live chat during the streaming of a pop. anime.

taking a wide stride above others in a hightened moment without actually naming a definiable feature to feel superior in my appreciation of something and remain unquestionable for it!

• edited August 2017
    aye! @geo. ProZD is hilarious. i recently got into a few of his video too. tops!

nailed it ^o^
  • ^ i laughed so fucking hard when i first saw that video; it was just so incredibly accurate. prozd is amazing!
  • Anime and Wrestling <3

• I love cultural History!!!
    BubbleGum Crisis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 5
    watched MInd Game recently..... what a trippy ass movie lol. its pretty much the narrative of fate and the ability to escape ones own doom through absolute resolve with scenes that display the joy of the human spirit when left in complete impossibilities. theres also themes of society versus freedom. it's like masaaki yuasa in his own ambiguity wants to show us how completely vain and useless it is to try to conquer ones own destiny while also pointing out the fact that settling for conventional means is in fact worse.

it's also just a trippy mess in the best way possible like dancing inside of a whale with bamboo sticks attached to your crotch while franz liszt plays in the background. im not even making this shit up fam:

• i'm starting to think yuasa is the best modern anime director atm.
  • have you seen his segment "happy machine" in Genius Party. i'm just watching that. it's very crazy and imaginative.

i didn't know his work by name til name. Thanks.
    I was just watching anime abandon the other day and Sage had an older segment about what is anime and what isn't anime. cuz that's a hot button topic.

im not wholey satisfied that this isn't anime...but it's definitely walking the line. it is different.