Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Metal

1495051525355»

Comments

• My senile brain read that as Caligvla
  • First track on the High on Fire is kinda whatever, but BOY HOWDY "Steps of the Ziggurat / House of Enlil" is one of their best songs in years.
  • IF YOU DON'T LOVE ME AT MY DARKEST, YOU DON'T DESERVE ME AT MY BRIGHTEST
  • Horrendous record is fanthefucktastic
  • Hell yeahs Robby
  • @Robby 100% agree with you there :D
  • got around to that new Mizmor release and it's very good but it's not a new album, it's a compilation of pre-Yodh split material
  • Oh, I didn’t know. I didn’t think it was as good as Yodh, so that kind of explains it.
  • holy fuck, where has this album been? this hits so so hard.

• They legit played one of the best live sets I’ve ever seen a couple years back. Phenomenally savage band
  • Hell yeah, I bet they melted the walls
  • edited October 30
    I can hardly contain myself, this is one of the best metal albums I've ever heard!!!
  • Any recs like this will be very appreciated \m/
  • Primitive Man played before them and Dragged were somehow even louder. Seriously in the top 5 loudest sets I’ve ever seen
  • edited October 31
    Should Hatred For Mankind be considered Deathcore?
  • Lol no why would it be?
  • Because of how influenced it is by bands like Converge, Trap Them, Dystopia, Iron Monkey, and especially Deformity.
  • It’s way closer to blackened death metal to me
  • Blackened Deathcore!
  • The riffs are particularly deathcore to these ears
  • edited October 31
    Not to say you're wrong on the blackened death metal label, that's p accurate too
  • Maybe I need to go back but I found more commonalities with a band like Anaal Nathrakh or even (a more extreme) Behemoth than I do with any -core band, personally
  • Also I realize I just discovered this album yesterday, and you've been listening to this for way longer than I have
  • idk it straddles a few genres, like there are sections of the album (especially the first half) that sound kind of like war metal, and the second half sounds kind of like death doom
  • Only a couple years, and actually I hadn’t listened to them at all until I saw them live
  • I didn't understand a lot of this, but it was still fun to see Devin play with sounds:

• This thing rips so fucking hard

• this new Cult Leader album started out awesome but damn this ballad track is just bad